Sunday, October 6, 2024

 869 英翻中 (569)          古賢大埧                                                10/6/2024

1/25 日晚禱

Holy God, to whose service I long ago dedicated my soul and life, I grieve                                       聖善的主, 我已久經決志, 奉獻我的生命與心灵為你服務, 我在你面前

and lament before Thee that I am still so prone to sin and so little inclined to obedience:                憂傷痛悔, 因為我还是傾向罪惡, 很少服從你的旨意:

  So much attached to the pleasure of sense, so negligent of things spiritual:                                        我太注重肉體的快樂, 而不注重灵性的事;

  So prompt to gratify my body, so slow to nourish my soul:太注重身體, 忽略灵魂的滋潤:

  So greedy for present delight, so indifferent to lasting blessedness:                                                  太貪圖逸樂, 而不注重永恆的福份;

  So fond of idleness, so indisposed for labour:  喜愛懶散, 而不喜歡勞力;

 So soon at play, so late at prayer:  喜愛遊戲, 而不喜歡祈禱;

 So brisk in the service of service of self, so slack in the service of others:                                         服事自己太起勁, 服事別人太疏懶.

  So eager to get, so reluctant to give:  太急於取, 而吝於予.

  So lofty in my profession, so low in my practice:   眼高手低, 能說不能行.

 So full of good intentions, so backward to fulfil them:        有志向善, 而不能躬行實踐.

  So severe with my neighbours, so indulgent with myself:   責人太 , 而恕己太寛.

  So eager to find fault, so resentful at being found fault with:                                                            喜歡發現別人的过失, 而憎恨自己的过失為人舉 .

  So little able for great tasks, so discontent with small ones;                                                              对大事旣無力應付, 对小事又不屑履行.

  So weak in adversity, so swollen and self-satisfied in prosperity:                                                          对逆境缺乏毅力, 處順境太自滿足.

  So helpless apart from Thee, and yet so little willing to be bound to Thee.                                     離開你就沒有辦法, 然而又不願意傾向你.

 O merciful heart of God, grant me yet again Thy forgiveness.  Hear my                                         仁慈的上帝啊, 求你再次饒恕我;   听我憂傷的傾 

sorrowful tale and in Thy great mercy blot it out from the book of  Thy                                           並用你的慈愛從你記憶裡塗抹我的过失

remembrance.  Give me faith so to lay hold of Thine own business and so to                                   求你賜我信心使我能夠把握你的聖洁

rejoice in the righteourness of Christ my Saviour that, resting on His merits                                    而得以在救主耶穌的公義裡喜樂

rather than on my own, I may more and more become conformed to His                                          靠主的功勞而不靠自己的功勞漸漸學像基督,

likeness, my will becoming one with His in obedience to Thine.                                                             我的意志要像祂的一樣成為你的旨意.  

All this I ask for His holy name’s sake.  Amen.                                                                                        因基督的聖名禱告.  阿們.                          

水力學是力學的一部門, 不同於固體力學, 空氣動力學及材料力學.  其內容大致分水靜力學和水動力學.  我國遠古时代雖有大禹治洪水, 秦代在公元前256年修建名於世界的水利工程 --- 都江堰.  有工程師的頭腦及心志, 卻沒有西方的科學文明.  例如, 水文學及水力學的學術智慧的支持.  這就是近代我國研究水利的工程師必須了解的.  雖有大禹為治水三次的過家門而不入的心態, 受世人敬佩, 但對五千多年來的黃河為災, 無法澈底根除, 是為憾事.

西方對水力試驗早就著眼, 而台灣大學的水工試驗室仍在慢慢起步, 沒有經費.  編輯者對近日暴雨成災的洪水淹沒農田, 人民遭受生命的危險, 真是無辜.  為什麼三峽大埧遲遲建造, 實是一些大埧建造必需的水工試驗的資料不全.  洪水的發生不是人能理解的. 水文學可以大施其力的助一臂之力.  但沒有足夠的水文樣品(sample)供水利工程師加以統計分析.  在水力學方便更是欠缺資料, 如何建造大埧洪水來臨時的水力消能的結構物.  每次看到大埧洩洪時, 都心驚膽跳, 不知道這麼大的洪水洩下,  是否會造成潰埧.  因為我國水力學研究, 對大埧溢洪道的消能(Hydraulic Energy Dissipators)  方面實在研究不多.  洪水是無情的, 1931年長江洪災吞噬14萬我國可愛的同胞, 編輯者是被美國美以美會(Methodist)傳教師 Rev. William Richard Johnson 在洪災中救出的僥倖者.


    




No comments:

Post a Comment