Saturday, October 19, 2019

226 英语词类基本应用 (二十) 226 英语词类基本应用 (二十) Correlating Conjunctions 关联连词

226  英语词类基本应用 (二十)        Correlating Conjunctions     关联连词         10/19/2019
  
Our dearest Savior, Lord Jesus Christ, for this new day I give You humble thanks for its gladness and brightness and the hope of new beginning.  Please quicken in my heart, I beseech You, the desire to avail myself richly of this day’s opportunity. Let me not break faith with any of  yesterday’s promises, nor leave unrepaired any of yesterday’s wrongs. Lord, give me today meekness of bearing, with decision of character, longsuffering, charity, chastity, and diligence in my allotted task. Pray in Jesus’  name.  Amen.

我们亲爱的救主耶稣基督, 孩子为祢赐下這光明而喜樂带着新的希望开始新的一天, 獻上卑微的感謝. 恳求祢在我内心的深处, 激发我的愿望,  叫我能尽量利用这一天祢所恩赐的新机会.  求祢使我不要忘了对祢昨天所作的悔悟, 对于昨天所犯的罪, 恳求祢的怜悯饶恕.  主阿, 求祢今天恩赐孩子忍让, 谦卑, 决心和受苦的心志, 作我所当作的工.  奉耶稣的名祷告.  阿门.

继前讲所谈同等连词, 现在与访友一起来享受英语中, 极为有用的润滑剂 --- 关联连词(Correlative Conjunctions), , both...and (两者都是), neither...nor (不是这也不是那, 或译成没有也没有…. ), whether...or (…. 抑或….), either...or ( 都可能, 或译为…. ….…. ), not only...but also (不但…..而且…), 它们都是成对的应用, 可连接单一的字词, 短语, 子句.

      例如
               She has met neither Miss Wang nor Miss Lee. 
                  她没有遇到黄小姐也没有看到李小姐(连接单一的字词)
               She can prepare either a detailed outline or a structured overview. 
      她对细节的概括和结构的概述都能准备. (连接短语)
                I don't know whether Mr. Chiang will go or Mr. Liu will.
                 我不知道是王先生去抑或是刘先生.  (连接子句)           

练习:
         仔细读下列各句.  选择适当的关联连词填入空格. 并在句前空格内填入, 若是连接字词(W), 连接短语(P), 或连接子句(C).
Read each sentence and supply the appropriate correlative conjunctions in the blanks. Write in the blank if the correlative conjunctions join words (W), phrases (P) or clauses (C).

______1. You will need _____ pencil _____ paper.
______2. The toddler drinks _____ ­­­­milk _____ apple juice.
______3. Blake's exercise program includes ______ aerobic workouts ______ weight training.
______4. _____ cookies ______ potato chips should appear so regularly in your lunch box.
______5. _______ did he take my wallet ______ my television.
______6. You must decide ______ to ask Anne ______ Maria.
______7. ______ help me _____ leave me alone.
______8. I can't decide _______ I want to see a movie,_____ or eat dinner.
______9. The menu includes ______ Cajun _____ French food.
______10. _____ come with me, ______I'll go alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment